Saturday, February 2, 2013

the edges of time

I saw this astoundingly perfect line of poetry yesterday and it reminded me of one of my favorite photos from a couple of years ago. Not quite the small stone observation of the past month, but wanted to share it.

Let your life lightly dance on the edges of time like dew on the tip of a leaf

                                                                                Rabindranath Tagore, from The Gardener




Perhaps it is time to share some of my favorite photos over the next weeks and lines of poetry from some of the wonderful poets that have been in my life. Or, a few poems of my own.

5 comments:

  1. ooh that is a perfect picture -and a great idea! Keep doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that. And this photo is mind-bogglingly detailed. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have this framed in your home, Duff. What a composition! I'm going to try and remember Tagore's line when my spirit feels heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone. I love that picture, too. It was one of those perfect moments when the sun just peeped over the ridge and the water drops had not yet evaporated. Not often lucky enough as a photographer to have all those things coincide.

    ReplyDelete