Sunday, June 24, 2012

Playground


Drumming

I once dreamed of playing with a rainbow,
joyfully sliding through the sky.
Someone had a more practical vision:
an earthbound rainbow drum,
unchanged by transient clouds.




















 
Life’s path

Do the challenges on life’s path
ease from mastering the creative
playground? Just wondering what
I learned on time-worn, static
monkey-bars.




















Photos taken at a new, creative  children's playground 
in my neighborhood. (Dolores Park, San Francisco)

2 comments:

  1. While I do appreciate the perspective on your creative photos Duff, I think play doesn't necessarily need the latest and best. Sometimes, the simple and time worn can spur the imagination. I remember those monkey bars! And, I have noticed swings haven't changed much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like sliding down the rainbow, - that should be fun!
    ..and maybe it's not necessary that creative paths be mastered ....just explored!
    so congratulate the new playground for offering new paths!

    ReplyDelete