Sunday, June 16, 2013

in a Mayan temple






This morning, I walked by the light-well window in my old Edwardian flat in San Francisco at 8:44 a.m. I was stunned by the exact alignment of the morning sun through the 5 or 6 inch space between my building and the house to the north. (San Francisco homes are often built with separate walls, but almost touching).

I guess I thought for a moment that I was an ancient Mayan astronomer noting something of great significance left to me by incredibly brilliant ancestors. Well, not really, but had fun thinking about how the San Francisco land use of 1910, when my building was built, might have some relationship to thousand year-old temples in the Yucatan.

For some reason, I was unable to make a Father’s Day blog entry today. The memories seem bound up too tight and the images just would not come. I will try on another day.

4 comments:

  1. glad your building saw the light!
    we should all be so lucky!
    joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Joan. You are one of those people always looking for the light...and so often finding it.

      Delete
  2. Perhaps the cast of the sun on the building was a fathers day post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Barb

    I simply did not think of that...what a beautiful idea that the light is in some ways reflective of father, fathers, fatherhood. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete