Sunday, December 15, 2013

dancer on the street


The sun was shining brightly. The street was wrapped in a beautiful winter-morning’s cloak. A young woman, actually a girl, ahead of me was dancing from side to side on the urban sidewalk as she moved toward the stoplight. She had a broad smile and seemed to be hearing a tune that I could only imagine. We stood together as the light changed from red to green, she started across Mission Street. Only then did I realize that her dance steps were actually her normal walking pattern. Her spine had formed in such a painful way that she could only walk as a dancer. She crossed the street dancing, with her continuing and lovely smile.



The photo is of beautiful wild flowers that I photographed at Jepson Prairie one Spring. I hope that it is an appropriate remembrance and tribute to the dancer.

1 comment:

  1. what a lovely thought - and I loved your saucy flower, - so brave to pop out at this time!

    ReplyDelete