Saturday, September 13, 2014

shadows or sun?


San Francisco is at nearly 38° north and the change in angle of the sun through the year is pretty dramatic. I have lived for 30 years in the shadow of a small hill to the south. Mid-summer, the sun shines straight down on the street. But, I love the period in the Spring and Fall when the sun moves far enough south for one side of the street to be in sunlight and the other in light shade. It just seems so wonderful to be able to choose between the two. Probably silly, but one of the things I love about the changing seasons.

5 comments:

  1. yessir! follow the light I say! Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoying the little crispness that seems to be in the air. I do like autumn. Actually, I like all of the seasons.

      Delete
  2. I've never really thought about this subtle change. Thanks for the reminder! We have a contract on the Denver house - very busy and looking forward to change just as the seasons change. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news about the quick sale of your house. Hope the seasons don't change too suddenly for you high in the mountains...at least until you have finished the busy work of closing out your Denver house. I am looking forward to change, both in the seasons and in the stress of the past months. It is time!

      Delete
    2. I can relate to the stress! The closing on our house is tomorrow. I will breathe deeply in relief when it's all over. (With still many boxes of items to relocate here in the mountains.) Just dropped by to see if you'd posted.

      Delete