Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Godzilla and the Golden Gate


Godzilla marches across the Golden Gate….well, at least in this wonderful print from the San Francisco Center for the Book’s annual Roadworks street fair. Each year a select group of artists create huge linoleum blocks of art to be printed by the extraordinary 1925 Buffalo Springfield steam roller. Crowds cheered each print and just to see the proud smiles of the artist made it a joyful day. I have posted about the Center on other occasions and it continues to be an artistic home for me after many years.  https://sfcb.org/

4 comments:

  1. So glad to see you enjoying one of your favorite fairs. Wish we could've shared it with you.

    Life, and art, go on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have one of the finest of the prints from a long ago year in your home, though!! Miss you and know that you would have loved it this year. There is an actual 1925 Buffalo Springfield steam roller now....not the old rented paving machines that we started out with. Lots of fun.

      Delete
  2. I like some of the workshops offered by SFCB. You're lucky to have it close by your home. I'll miss some of the artistic and cultural offerings in Denver, though I'm close enough to visit whenever I want. I hope you're experiencing a vivid fall in SF, Duff. It's calling for snow in Breckenridge this weekend. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Center for the Book has been a wonderful creative outlet for me for some years. I am privileged to serve on its board and try to make sure the future is secure for this wonderful cultural asset.

      Delete