Sunday, October 12, 2014

each moment a new perspective


October brings the hint of winter, the joy of autumn and still gives reminders of summer. Summer so often in San Francisco brings fog and each moment in fog seems to have a new perspective. On relentlessly sunny days I don’t seem to have the varied experiences that a cloudy one can bring. For me, the layers of awareness, of mood, of hopes and dreams are needed, as is a more one-dimensional sunny outlook. The changing seasons, the changes in life and the hope of the future all seem to align in autumn. Preparation for winter? Consolidation of the summer growth? 

This photo is of autumn fog, not summer. Seems to be more dense and a bit darker.

3 comments:

  1. I like the photo, Duff - a real "blanket" of fog. We so seldom get fog here in the mountains, though I've skied some areas that do get it, and it's scary! I imagine the city getting cooler now, the golden light of fall on the bay, and the days darkening earlier. We have had snow all day in Breckenridge. I think I'm mentally prepared for winter - we've been given the unusually long respite of a lovely fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Barb. I wish we had some of your snow. Today is nearly 90 in my neighborhood. Doors open, fans churning....and the noise is incredible. This is Fleet Week and the Blue Angels are dive bombing San Francisco every few minutes. Always a huge celebration with thousands of people lining the waterfront to see the ships and watch the air show. A bit militaristic for me, but once when my Mom visited, she was nearly in tears with joy and patriotism seeing the ships, planes and military personnel. A beautiful reminder of what folks who went through WWII had in their hearts.

      Delete
  2. NIce pic, and lots of meat to chew on. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete