Saturday, March 7, 2015

some silliness


This afternoon there was a ruckus in my neighborhood. I encountered a “marching band” oom pah pahing and banging drums…suddenly they went around the corner to a house nearby and started playing….a bit out of tune…a rousing version of Happy Birthday to a surprised recipient. Lots of laughing, everyone getting into a festive mood. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera, as I was coming back from a board meeting. But, it reminded me of another type of frivolity last weekend at the old Mint where the historical society was holding an open house for all the neighborhood history groups. This trio was singing out across the City with a Victorian joy that was better musically, but still a lot of fun. Just a reminder to me of how serious life can seem if you don’t make time for some silliness. Loved it.

4 comments:

  1. I think maybe I make too much time for silliness. But, I was very serious for a long, long time. Your poetry workshop sounds interesting. Don't forget to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful that you do have silliness in your life. I think it is so important and most often seem to find it in the very young and comment sometimes about it here.

      My poetry workshop was great, as usual. I have not shared a lot of my poetry here, but because of your comment I will post this week one of the poems with a photo this week. I have not put many up here, but maybe it is time. Most are truly NOT silly....have tried to keep the blog pretty light. Let's see how it goes.

      Delete