Tuesday, March 10, 2015

wind in the grass



Creative Commons License
wind in the grass

I am hungry.

I want to look.

              To look somewhere

in summer grasses

                             undulating

to the next ridge

to the long coast ─

                             breakers surging

              then falling back

whole again

to a place

where need

or lust

yes, hunger


demands my presence.



I will occasionally post some recent poems here. Please respect the Creative Commons attribution.

2 comments:

  1. loved the grasses and the poem - a nice ease to it. I could feel the breeze going through - and wished you could have a greater sense of this ease these last few days…! I'm glad you're still stoning, it's a good change of mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sense an urgency in your poem, Duff - a need for mindfulness to bring you back to yourself. Glad you're sharing your work. The grasses speak of summer though I can't see what's beyond them. Perhaps that's the point?

    ReplyDelete