Thursday, May 21, 2015

slightly out of focus


Recently I had a wonderful day with photo friends on a “shoot” at a commercial garden center in the wine country. Each area of the center was a garden commissioned for a specific purpose. Beautiful designs, some were gimmicky, others seemed to fit beautifully into the terrain. On the edge of the gardens was a large pond with a little island of water lilies blooming in the very warm afternoon. Obviously planned, but yet they seemed to break free from the human connection. I was so glad for the focus of this picture….enough out of focus to enhance their incredible beauty. Slightly out of focus is my creative mantra going into summer.

3 comments:

  1. A good mantra, Duff. The lillies look dreamy and ephemeral. The garden sounds wonderful. I'll take my blooms just now anywhere I find them. We head back to Breck today in more snow. It's been a long winter that won't leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that spring comes to the high country soon. But, truthfully, we have all been a little envious watching the storm track from the Pacific go north and south of us and then end up dumping feet of wet, spring snow on you folks in the Rockies. Could sure use some of that moisture here in CA!!

      Delete
    2. I would love to send you some excess moisture, Duff!

      Delete