Sunday, March 24, 2013

marsh plants



In a now-dry section of the marsh, this beautiful explosion of potential life is still tightly attached to its briars is waiting for the right moment to propagate. 

Just a few feet beyond, the dampness has allowed thousands of buds on the marsh plants to nearly open.

I sometimes feel like that thistle, dry at the end of winter and ready to float freely into Spring. Other days, I feel buds pushing to open, my feet firmly planted in the rich, loamy soil that it has taken years to develop. And, I laugh. Still can’t answer reasonably…”this is who I am”.


 Photos are from the southern edge of the estuary into Tomales Bay.

2 comments:

  1. It's actually wonderful to keep discovering who we are. At least that's what I think, Duff. Tomales Bay is one of my favorite places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb...it is so wonderful to see comments from you. You have been in my thoughts and prayers for healing each day. I just want you to know that...and look forward to hearing your wisdom on One Good Thing...when you are up to yet. Go well and thanks so much for your heartfelt observations.

      Delete