Sunday, March 3, 2013

spontaneous smiling




Walking down Valencia Street yesterday, I realized 
that how I observe people, the place, the action has changed. 

The awareness came as I realized that in one city-block,  I had smiled 
at an overheard conversation of two young women discussing a potential boyfriend; 
smiled at the look of boredom on a child in a stroller; 
and smiled at the fierce look of a gentle bulldog on a bejeweled leash. 

The three smiles, spontaneous, without judging the observation 
is a leap forward for me. 

And, I think it can be attributed to the Small Stone project: 
being part of the observation, not making an intellectual assessment.


This photo has nothing to do with the musing above. I just like it. :-)


5 comments:

  1. hurray! you've joined the club . of see-ers. I can visualize those photos - the bored kid, the couple, the dog , - it's as if you'd had your camera.
    Keep doing it, your life becomes much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An enlightening bit of knowledge. I'm grateful that you've shared it here. Thank you.

    (BTW, I love the photo, too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a world of "Detachment", it's great to see someone "soaking" instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Joan, Scott and Kim. Your comments are much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it, too - and the musing. To realize growth is worth a smile!

    ReplyDelete