Sunday, September 29, 2013

on this date

Old bones creaking today and I was not quite up to participating in a vigorous day at the street fair of my favorite organization, the San Francisco Center for the Book. I went back and looked at photos I had taken in previous years, but then thought…did I document this calendar day on other years? What do I remember…and were the photos worth it? The photos are within the 24 hours of September 29th each year since 2008. Really weird what I photograph! Only one is a verifiable event. Photo four is setting up for the street fair early in the morning of September 29, 2011.







4 comments:

  1. The verticality of the first three is intriguing, especially considering you took them near the same date in subsequent years - hmmm...- and they all (except the street fair) seem to be very much about patterns. I see this regularly your work and I love it. It's one of the things I enjoy most about your eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Scott. I do think it is patterns/objects that interest me most. I am trying now to focus my attention on my hundreds of photos of building exteriors....looking for pattern and texture. It fascinates me.

      Delete
  2. Duff, I could have told you this about yourself - funny what we do reveal by what we choose. Now you make me want to go back a few years in my own photos of the same month. My thought is that I'm pretty predictable - Natured, Nature, Nature. With your photos, I'm always enlarging, cocking my head to look at different angles and sometimes outright asking you, "What is it?" I've always liked lines and texture in photos - patterns - but I guess I am fairly literal-minded, too. (For example - # 3 - what is it?) Hope you feel better by now. My husband has been moving heavy objects - he's creaking, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb...number three is one of those moments when patterns take over. I had moved the dish drainer to the top of the refrigerator so that I could clean the counter. I turned around and saw the patterns against a copper plant holder (awaiting new plants) and the texture of the kitchen wall. Nothing special, but it reminded me that even the most mundane parts of our environment can have some interest.

      Delete