Sunday, June 1, 2014

life's mysteries


So many things seem to be mysterious in my life. Why things happen, how events unfold and how the lives around me progress….all have elements that are simply unknown to me. It doesn’t mean they are unknowable, I feel. Yet, there is an element of incomprehension. Does it mean paying more attention? Or, is it best to redirect attention to what is knowable. I can balance out the priorities and, yet, there is that challenge that I think sometimes drives me forward. Or, do I really know anything as absolutely certain?

How about seeing the ordinary in a way that makes it kind of unknowable at first sight? It was fun to take the most mundane objects and try to photograph them as unknown or unknowable. 



The photo is of my spoon after eating cereal for breakfast....the sun is shining from across the room.

4 comments:

  1. hey that last sentence is great.., - I hadn't thought of it exactly that way, but isn't that what we're doing with our stones?
    lots more to chew on- thanks and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep going...a bit slower than before, but trying to hang in there! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. I've always thought of life as a mystery - ordinary or extraordinary are concepts that are so relative. I'm glad you identified the photo, Duff - I may have thought you were taking a trip to Saturn! I'm in Breckenridge where the last remnants of snow are melting from my gardens. The trail beyond in the forest is still showing ribbons of white. The perennials are already green as they emerge from winter into a late spring. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you, Barb. I know this is a time of major transition in leaving your Denver home. But, it must be simply wonderful in Breckenridge to watch summer coming on....slowly, but coming on. Hope you are doing well with all the changes. Now, about that trip to Saturn.....

      Delete