Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Small Stone: January 30, 2013



The January Small Stones project is coming to an end tomorrow.
Looking back over my daily “stones”, I am struck by how
often my observations become a reflection of my
own inner processes, questions and even turmoil.
I truly question if this is ego or an attempt to really
connect with my environment, the people I encounter
and the joys and sadness of the world I inhabit. 
More to be learned.



This photo was taken today at the Martin Luther King memorial in San Francisco. A place for thoughtful remembrance and reflection. Bright sun, afternoon shadows and reflection.

2 comments:

  1. Duff - I'm having trouble commenting, so hopefully you don't get more than one! I've never felt that your stones were about ego - questions and reflections are good, I think. They fuel the creative process. Hope to see more of your questions in Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, thanks Barb for your comments. I have often taken them in to moderate my own somewhat self-critical outlook...it has been a great help to me. I did not realize in starting with this project in 2012 that the reflections back to me would be so helpful in looking at my own processes and attitudes.

    ReplyDelete