Monday, January 13, 2014

Small Stone: January 13, 2014


How do we define creativity? I have been observing the work of this assemblage artist at the San Francisco Center for the Book gallery over the past few weeks. I am amazed at how she has taken so many elements to make her artistic statement. Otto Octavius combines a lot of elements from an antique lens device to a 50’s set of rabbit ears. All the little tubes filled with objects are obviously part of the statement. I want to appreciate her work. Yet, I simply don’t get it. I guess I just need a little help here.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I looked at it a long time. Enlarged, the tubes are so intricate. What's in there? Do we have to understand to appreciate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's what you do with all those items you kept because you might want them for something…….
    you can just envy her that she found something to do with hers!

    ReplyDelete