Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Small Stone: January 1, 2014


The weather is astonishingly warm and dry on the first day of 2014 in San Francisco. The past year was the driest on record. A good day for a walk along the waterfront, looking at the old piers, enjoying the many people just enjoying the day. Walking through a passage between piers, I met a colleague/friend and his wife out for their stroll. Serendipity. Then around the next corner, this reflection, so very skewed, in the lightly wavering bay. I wonder if the new year will be as out of shape?

2 comments:

  1. Great - you're on board! I'm not sharing my stones on the site or on Facebook - just using it to challenge myself to be more mindful. I love your Picasso water reflection of the city. Please - don't even hint that our 2014 might be skewed! Some twists and turns, some growth - but nothing too drastic, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow, I just could not pass up the challenge of a 3rd year....great to be in mindful company. I am an optimist and really do believe that the year ahead will be less twisty than last!

      Delete