Monday, January 20, 2014

Small Stone: January 20, 2014



I did not take a photo of the little girl with the iguana.

I woke up feeling out of sorts today. I simply needed to snap out of it. First, a beautiful cloud reflection of the sunrise just beyond one of my favorite trees down the block. Then, I went for a happy walk ─ looking for only things that were upbeat. They were everywhere. A young Latina was sitting on her front stoop in the sun holding her iguana. Both totally content. I had never noticed an outrageous plaster pig on a balcony. I laughed. A beautiful street-side planter filled with succulents was in bloom with a marvelous yellow flower. And, then turning the corner by the playground, I heard a chorus: cheerily cheer-up cheerio….the song of the American Robin. A flock was enjoying the last rays of sun on this very warm day…and singing to me. And, their song cheerily cheer-up cheerio is exactly the message I was looking for today.

3 comments:

  1. Well, now you've made me feel better, too! WOW - I love that succulent. I wonder what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how nice to see a happy . stone. Keep happy, man, it's good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love that dancing pig! That alone would make me cheer up, but of course all the other sites also help loads. Often the best medicine for feeling "out of sorts" is to go out for a walk. The change of scenery does wonders for us.

    ReplyDelete