Saturday, January 4, 2014

Small Stone: January 4, 2014


Through the years when life was uncertain or plans not clearly made, I would imagine going on a jet to some place that I never had seen. Or, sometimes actually go. Even putting my foot to the pedal on my beloved cars would substitute for that when I was much younger. Today, I saw this marvelous vapor trail…one of several planes leaving San Francisco flying west into the sunset. Life plans are uncertain at the moment. And, I realized that the escape to far away places fantasy is gone.

3 comments:

  1. You never have to give up fantasies, Duff. They are what make life bearable. A good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one seemed to slip away...at least for today. I truly believe in fantasy. I think being an optimist is tied in with that...and I would be sad to lose my optimism.

      Delete
    2. There's nothing in the world wrong with dreaming. And like Barb says, they do make life bearable. Letting them bubble under the surface of our waking days often results in them eventually emerging in reality in some unexpected way.

      Delete