Friday, January 31, 2014

Small Stone: January 31, 2014


As we come to the end of the third Mindful Writing Challenge, it is appropriate to celebrate all of those who made a mindful effort to see their world, to interact with the people and environment and to share it with us. I am aware again of how difficult it is to make a purposeful observation each day. The way that time gets so fragmented is apparent to me, and with that fragmentation goes my focus. I always learn more about myself than I do about my world. And, I gain so much from the comments of friends I have developed here from around the world. Thank you and godspeed in the year ahead. I will continue to post at least weekly, but cannot commit to daily. Perhaps we will all meet here again next year. Today’s photo is a glorious burst of Spring at a local vendor…seems just right to close out this incredible month.

4 comments:

  1. so good bye for now - but stick with us on Sunday. We need a poet to be musing at least once a week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed traveling along with you on this month-long journey of mindful writing. What a good note, along with the beautiful flowers to end on as we venture into a new month, moving closer to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need those Daffs on my table - right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Joan and Cynthia. The mindful writing experience continues to be great and so wonderful to have "blog friends". Barb, I would love to share the abundant flowers we are having with you...and you share some of your moisture with us.

    ReplyDelete