Friday, January 24, 2014

Small Stone: January 24, 2014


An artist’s collective here in the Mission has two store-front windows that are given over each month to local artists to display their work, create an installation or make a statement. The Author Is, actually reads The Author Is Out ─ I did not aim the camera well. But, I rather like “is”. We get to see the work table, copies of the most recent book and we can guess what the author might be like from the other objects. Actually, that is an incomprehensibly tidy desk! This author, me, has never had such a neat space.

2 comments:

  1. I like "the author is," too. I wonder if that's the author's afghan? I had to enlarge to see the titles and now I guess I'm going to have to google them. This mindfulness takes time! (My space is very neat.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "isness" of this. What I'd give to have a tidy desk like this too.

    ReplyDelete