Friday, January 17, 2014

Small Stone: January 17, 2014


We take a lot of ribbing here that every conversation ends in talking about food and restaurants. This year, they all seem to end in a discussion of the lack of rain and the severity of the historic drought. After a phone conversation with a friend about the dire circumstances our environment is experiencing, I was walking in a nearby neighborhood, still focused on the future. I turned a corner and this little blast of Spring brought me back to the present. Of course, that is the goal of the Mindful Writing Challenge. And, this photo says “This is the present. Enjoy!”

2 comments:

  1. I am happy the flowers are finding a way to thrive where you are, and hope they continue to do so as spring unfolds. Prayers for rain as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring? Already? Here in Denver it's mild, too - I just returned from a long walk through Cheesman Park, and the sun felt wonderfully warm. No flowers though, so I'll enjoy yours. I hope you get some moisture soon. I remember visiting one December when our son lived in San Fran, and there were torrential rains causing mudslides. We spent our time running from taxis into museums or restaurants.

    ReplyDelete